Finish the adult servings (and more adventurous kid plates!) with a squeeze of fresh lemon and maybe crushed red pepper.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and snapped into bite-size pieces
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- lemon wedges, optional
- Add the oil to a medium skillet over medium heat to warm. Add the sausage and green beans, stirring to break up. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until the sausage is cooked through and the green beans are bright green and tender.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Stir the pasta into the sausage and green beans to coat, adding another drizzle of olive oil and as much cooking liquid as is needed to coat the pasta well. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve topped with crumbled feta.