You can double this recipe and use 2 pounds of chicken if desired. Just do your best to spread it into an even layer in the instant pot. (Note: The nutrition facts will vary based on the bbq sauce that you use.)
- 1 pound raw or frozen chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- Place a metal or silicone rack into the Instant Pot. Add 1/2 cup water.
- Place chicken on top of the rack, breaking up frozen pieces if needed. Top with bbq sauce, spreading over the chicken evenly.
- Cover and seal. Cook on high for 8 minutes for raw chicken and 10 minutes for frozen chicken. Manually release the pressure when the cooking time is done and the Instant Pot beeps.
- Use a slotted spoon to serve the chicken with rolls for simple sandwiches, or with buttered noodles or a grain.
Place the chicken in an even layer for even cooking.
If cooking from frozen, separate the chicken pieces if possible.
Use a bbq sauce that you like the flavor of.
Use kitchen shears to easily shred or cut up the cooked chicken.
Use a slotted spoon to serve the chicken over rolls.
To make 2 pounds of chicken at once, use 3/4 cup bbq sauce and cook for 10 minutes from raw and 12 minutes from frozen.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.