Adapted from this Zucchini Oat Bread on Bhg.com.
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 cups shredded, unpeeled zucchini
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat an 8-inch baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine the eggs, applesauce, zucchini, butter, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Gently stir in the flours, oats, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and chocolate chips. Spoon into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for at least 10 minutes. Slice and serve, or let cool fully, remove from pan and slice into squares to wrap and store.
Once fully cooled, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days, reheating a little when serving if desired. You can also freeze the bread, wrapping in foil and placed into a freezer bag with as much air removed as possible, for up to 3 months. Let thaw in the fridge or at room temperature.