Plan to let this salad sit for at least 5 minutes before you serve it to let the dressing soften the sprouts slightly.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- juice and zest from 1/2 large lemon (about 1/4 cup juice)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard or tahini
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 small apple
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted almonds
- Freshly cracked pepper and salt to taste
- Place the Brussels sprouts, trimmed of any brown leaves as needed, into a food processor. Pulse to chop and shred.
- Mix the vinaigrette ingredients together in a jar: Add the lemon zest and juice, olive oil, Dijon mustard (or tahini), and honey to a jar. Put the lid on and shake vigorously to combine well.
- Add the Brussels sprouts to a large bowl with the chopped apple.
- Stir the dressing into the Brussels sprouts and apple. Let sit for at least 5 minutes and up to an hour. Top with feta and almonds, if using, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
You can make this salad up to an hour in advance.